Our sash window repair service in action
Sash Window Repairs
It’s not uncommon for Sash windows to deteriorate over time due to weathering and lack of maintenance. This can often cause rotting wood, ill fitting rattling windows, unwanted draughts and windows that stick.
Then there is the additional costs incurred for your home heating and energy bills.
Rot is a common problem in old windows. The lower sections of a sash window are the most areas most likely to suffer from this.
We can fix all rotten sash window problems in frames, boxes and sills.
BENEFITS OF OUR SASH WINDOW REPAIRS:
- REPLACEMENT WEIGHTS
- VIRTUALLY ELIMINATES DRAUGHTS
- ELIMINATES RATTLES
- INCREASES SECURITY
- REDUCES OUTSIDE NOISE LEVELS
- REDUCES HEATING BILLS
- ENABLES SMOOTH OPENING & CLOSING OF THE SASHES
- STOPS DUST INGRESS
Our timber sash window renovation and repair service focuses firstly on window renovation and secondly on upgrading the performance of your sash windows.
- Existing wooden sash windows are treated to remove any rot and improve any operational issues.
- In addition to sash windows we also work on casement windows and other timber windows and doors.
- Our projects range from small domestic houses to large commercial projects.
Preserve the heritage and unique charm of your property and benefit from the performance of our renovation service. Traditional timber sash windows are an essential feature of a period buildings character. Therefore it is vital to retain them, not only because of the aesthetic appeal, but because they add value to your property.
What happens during the renovation process?
- Sash window units are carefully removed from the window frame.
- Any decaying timber in the units, frame or sill is routed out to expose the “sound” timber.
- Occasionally, new timber is spliced in or replaced where the existing timber is beyond repair.
- We fill the cavities and then moulded to match the existing profile of the timber.
- Sash cords are replaced, pulleys serviced and the sashes correctly balanced to ensure smooth operation of the windows.
- Once installed, draughts and rattles are eliminated and heat loss and dust ingress greatly reduced.
- Grooves are routed out of the mid rail and bottom rail.
- Pile carriers and the correct sized Weatherfin Pile are then installed, making the seal an integral part of the window.
- New Parting Beads and Staff Beads that incorporate the Weatherfin Pile complete the seal.
- This process ensures all gaps around the window are filled, creating a fully sealed, yet smoothly operating, sash window.
We can also also help you with Casement Windows and other timber windows.
Your easiest option is to call us…
…Call us today on any of the phone numbers below:
Lincoln:- 01522 620 655
Sleaford:- 01529 940 409
Newark:- 01636 989 986
English Heritage Buildings
English Heritage Buildings are the UK’s leading oak frame specialist.
English Heritage combine the latest technology and ancient carpentry skills to create beautiful timber framed buildings, both large and small; from single bay garages and house extensions to stunning, light filled living spaces and commercial buildings.
We can now supply and build a selection of these buildings.
Individual Timber Framed Buildings
Summer houses, gazebos, oak barns, stables, boathouses, workshops, guest bungalows, swimming pool enclosure. Eat al fresco, enjoy a glass of wine under the stars or escape to your secret hideaway. Whatever their function, our timber framed buildings defy the elements and will stand proud for generations to come.